The Finnish Centre for International Mobility (CIMO) launches a photo competition in honour of the 25th anniversary of the Erasmus programme from June to October 2012.
The best photos will be rewarded and published on CIMO's website.
Subject: My Erasmus Exchange
For whom: The competition is open to all students studying in a Finnish University who have participated in Erasmus student exchange or Erasmus work placement abroad, and for international students who have completed their Erasmus student exchange or Erasmus work placement in Finland, or are currently on their exchange period.
What: The photos should be connected to Erasmus student exchange or work placement, for example to intercultural situations, studying, working, accommodation and free time.
When: The competition ends on 31 October 2012. The winner of the competition will be announced in December 2012. The winners are personally contacted by e-mail.
Submisssion: Please return the photos as an attachment by email together with your full name(s), contact information (email and postal address), home University, host University (in case of student exchange) and exchange year to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October 2012. You may also add a few thoughts of the photo or a photo text.
Instructions and rules:
- Remember to ask a permission to use the photo and inform the persons in the photo where it will be used.
- Avoid photos and situations which can give a stereotypical impression of people, or which are offensive.
- Write down the names of the persons in the photos and where it was taken.
- Participants have to own rights to the photos provided for the competition.
- The photos can be taken individually or in groups.
- Each student/group can return a maximum of 3 photos.
- The photos will not be returned to participants.
- By sending the photos to the competition, the participants give CIMO the right to use and publish the photos on line and in print. The photos can be used for example on CIMO's website, brochures and information and training sessions. The name of the photographer will be published together with the photo. The participants remain a right to use the photos freely.
Selection and criteria: The photos should be of good photographic quality and suitable for publishing online. Emphasis is also given to originality, cheerfulness and intercultural aspect.
The winners will be selected by a jury which consists of CIMO's and ESN-Finland's representatives
and photographer, MA Satu Haavisto.
Award: The winners of the competition will be awarded.
Centre for International Mobility CIMO