![]() |
| Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world |
I'm now working here with the local
facilitators-to-be to the new online teacher education programme TAMK and TAOKK are starting to run with Higher Colleges of Technology in
the UAE. I'm giving an intensive series of workshops for the people who
are going to be facilitating the
programme together with me so that
they'll be ready to start working when the programme starts at the end of
this month.
The content of the workshops includes authentic
e-learning and progressive inquiry (the pedagogical approach of the
programme), evaluation and assessment, facilitating online collaboration
and practicing the use of the technologies that will be used in the
program: Blackboard Vista, Wimba webconferencing tool, Google+, Google
Docs and Blogger.
We have an absolutely fantastic group here: ten
really experienced, great people who are also fun to work with. The
facilitators didn't know each other from before but they have already
become a team. I'm very excited about the opportunity to work with them
in this programme.
| Participants of the facilitator workshop |
On Saturday there'll be the annual HCT conference
and I'm happy to have the chance to be one of the invited speakers
there. I'll be talking about our
programme. So far there are 90 people
registered to my session - let's hope we'll get many new participants
from the audience!
Text and photos: Hanna Teräs, TAMK Senior Lecturer

No comments:
Post a Comment