UPO is approximately the same size as TAMK, but the vibe is totally different on campus. They have a big unified campus with lots of beautiful parks and gardens for the students to meet and work in. Weather is bit tricky this time of year - Monday was freezing cold and Tuesday was melting hot - so layers, layers, layers!! UPO has some great services for our students (for example, their new tandem-tutor model), so I would recommend it for students... but they should have Spanish skills to maximise their experience. Services run quite smoothly in English but the amount of classes in English is still a bit limited.

The course has been wonderful and the students very motivated and committed, enthusiastic and outgoing. The groups work perfectly and I have just heard some of their reports, which were truly impressive! They will later on be published in a booklet and you should be able to get your hands on a copy in early autumn. If I have to find something negative, it is really killing a bureaucrat like me when everything (programme, budget, facilities...) changes every four hours. Even in my last course in Mozambique changes were no more frequent than once-a-day. Oh well!
Well, anyway, it's time to go scare everyone with the consequences of not following the rules. It's what I do best!
Text & Photo:
Camilla Kalevo
TAMK International Services
No comments:
Post a Comment