Tuesday, 24 April 2012

On site – Lisboa, Portugal

Square Rossio


Greetings to all from Lisbon, Portugal! I arrived here late last night, after travelling for hours and getting delayed in Paris for bad weather conditions. I’m here for the International Week organized by our Portugese partner, Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa. There are almost 40 of us participating the week from all over Europe and I was happy to see some people from other partner universities as well.


After a well rested night, I found from the breakfast room some Finnish collegues from Metropolia in Helsinki by eaves dropping their conversation!  Together we made it to the campus which was located north of the city center. After giving my presentation about TAMK and listening to others, we had a great sightseeing tour. Lisbon is a beautiful city, in its own black and white style.


I’m about to explore some more of the city during the week, as well as have plenty of good practice to come home with.

I’ll be checking in with the full report after I’ve landed safely back home!

Text & Picture: Noora Järventaus, International Services

No comments: