Monday, 27 June 2011

TAMK has helped me to fulfil my dreams

Hazel Von Yancha

Coming to Finland is like a destiny that meant to be. To live abroad is not part of my master plan but Finland has helped me to embrace the opportunities to see life on the other side of the globe.

Philippines will always be my home. It is where I learned my first steps, the place I grew up, and the starting point of my dreams. As my parents used to say “we brought you to life but it is YOU, who can fulfill your life and dreams.” And now, I am enjoying every step I have taken and every move I have made while living in Finland for almost a decade now.

Hazel at the graduation ceremony of TAMK in May 2011.

The Degree Programme in Tourism has deepened my knowledge academically and practically. Nowadays, tourism industry is one of the most important sectors in the world economy. TAMK offers opportunities for students to learn different concepts of tourism and to be prepared professionally for the wide variety of requirements in tourism field.

Hazel with the award for the winning team from Finland in ICC IP in Bad Hindelang.

During my studies at TAMK I was able to participate in three intensive programmes. First, in the Destination Analysis held in Finland with a total number of 60 students of tourism from three European universities, the task of the students was to familiarize with culture and tourism of the selected tourist destinations in the Tampere Region. The second Erasmus IP I participated was held in Bad Hindelang, Germany. More than 40 participants from eight universities in Europe had different academic and professional backgrounds. The objective of the IP was to help students to familiarize with various working styles and cultural issues in order to find out how to communicate in intercultural business management situations. Lastly, I was given the chance to assist in the programme on Intercultural Communicative Competence in Zwolle, the Netherlands. My tasks as assistant taught me to distinguish the significance of respect in cultures in order to be successful in working environment.

Now that I have graduated from the Degree Programme in Tourism at TAMK I encourage people to study in Finland. The country has a wide selection of courses in preparation for bright opportunities in the future. Finland is a unique and beautiful country; people are friendly and trustworthy.

Text & Photos:
Hazel Von Yancha - Graduate from the Degree Programme in Tourism at Tampere University of Applied Sciences.

1 comment:

Edmundo Beguiras said...

I want to address this message to Ms. hazel von yancha. Hello. my name is edmund from riyadh, saudi arabia. i want to reach you and speak to you on something. i search your name on your facebook accnt but it appears that your accnt was block and unreachable for someone who wants to add you. here is my email address, ebeguiras@aljomaih.com.sa