|Demola, the venue of the summer school, behind the TAF banner|
The Summer School is organised by the Engage project and hosted by TAMK/Media Programme. Engage is coordinated by our partner FH Joanneum in Graz, Austria.
This Summer School will give designers and creative students insights and knowledge of educational game design e.g. creating educational games for the target group, embedding curricular topics and stealth learning, providing accurate information, consulting on one hand teachers and on the other hand the target group; asking the right questions and embedding these answers into the game.
Lectures will be interleaved with practical work and will be provided by academic and industry experts. Topics will include:
- Game-Based Learning
- Game genres, platforms, and industry roles
- Gender issues and target audience analysis
- Design guidelines for successful games
- Concept documents and the development cycle
- Gameflow and usability testing
- Educational games and learning outcomes
- Game engines and development tools
- Marketing, packaging, and promotion
See the promo video
SummerSchool EngageLearning on Facebook
TAMK Degree Programme in Media