The first year Environmental Engineering students are arranging the Water Day happening at TAMK 23.3.2010. The day includes lectures, info and contests. The Opening Ceremony is at 12.00 in the Teiskontie main lobby. Program ends at 16.00.
Place: Teiskontie main lobby, D1-02 auditorium
- Water Day program begins at 12.00 in the main lobby with opening speech given by Marja Sutela, Vice Principle of TAMK.
- After the speech there will be a stand-up comedy performance given by an American comedian Rich Lyons in English.
- The opening ceremony is followed by a series of lectures on water related issues.
- Lectures begin in D1-02 auditorium.
- 12.45 Marjukka Dyer, Head of Environmental Engineering, member of Finnish Water Association: Networking with water
- 13.00 Dr. Kit Christensen: Ethics in water issues
- 13.30 Dr. Mohamed Asheesh, Oulu University of Applied Sciences: Water scarcity index
- 14.00 Dr. Jarmo J. Hukka, Senior Consultant, Water and Environment International Operations, Ramboll Finland Oy: Why is Finland leading in Water Poverty Index?
- 14.30 Maria Notley, Consultant, Municipality of Nurmijärvi: Kenya water sector reform - new methods in the water resources management
- 15.00 Discussions