Sideline, written and directed by Maria Kaurismäki, has been invited to Film Forum “Ecology of Soul” International Competition of debut&student shorts, August 23-27, 2009, Riga & Jurmala, Latvia and to Reikäreuna Film Festival September 9-13, Orivesi, Finland.
Sideline (Sivutyö) is a strong and topical story about a female student that drifts to be a prostitute. It’s a 13 minute short fiction movie, shot on 16mm film.
Sideline is the graduation work of Maria Kaurismäki at TAMK School of Art and Media.
Sideline has already been shown at:
- 6th edition of the Baltic Debuts Film Festival, July 2009 in Svetlogorsk (Kaliningrad region).
- Midnight Sun Film Festival, June 2009, Sodankylä, Finland
- 31st Moscow International Film Festival, June 2009
- KYKY, Berlin, April 29
- Kettupäivät, November 2008, Helsinki
- Tampere Art Factory, May 2008
Sideline home (featuring trailer)
Sideline in TAMK School of Art and Media blog