Tuesday, 3 February 2009

From China to Tampere - studying in TAMK


My name is YOU ZHOU. I am second year student in Environmental Engineering, coming from China.


Firstly, I want to say thank you to all my classmates and teachers. At the beginning of the first year, I felt a little bit lonely. I didn’t speak much English and Finnish. My tutors gave me a lot of help, so I quickly got used to the Finland’s study processes.

Also TAMK has the best teachers; The English teacher has given me extra English lessons when she was free and other teachers have helped me as well, even after the class hours. I was double trying my economics, but I still didn’t know much. Our economics teacher tried then different teaching methods to teach me. I can’t forget the encourage words from all my best teachers and especially our dean; I was doing some work during the late evening, so I couldn’t get up in the morning. But she asked me how I felt and whether I slept late. My learning atmosphere is full of love.


Oh, now I should talk about our classmates. Although, I was really shy at the beginning. I was the only Chinese in the class. A friend from my class helped me to feel brave when I was sharing my opinion with the other people. And now I get along very well with all classmates. They told me about their culture in different countries. I think this is very important in further working life. Lunch time is basically broadcasting time; you can hear all the news from all the countries and the comments from the students.


I would like to say to all the students, who will come to our school (foreigners), try your best to go to Finnish classes and learn Finnish that will then help to know the Finnish culture. There is lot of snacks in Finnish classes tooJ. Don’t miss it. Don’t worry when you are having any kind of problems: Just talk to your friend or your teacher, they will help you to solve any of the problems. Don’t hesitate. You will find your life is much better.

The last thing is the barbecue with all the students. The food is great and life couldn’t get any better, especially, when some classmates have taken their guitar with them and start playing…

………………………………………….

I love TAMK, and hope more foreigners can come to join us. See you!

YOU ZHOU, South China

No comments: